Duration: 60 minutes
Pose Complexity: ★☆☆☆☆
Physical Intensity: ★☆☆☆☆
A Relaxation and Stretch based Restorative practice of gentle floor based holding of postures.
Stretch classes might include meditation, breathing work and Myofascial Release, designed to open the body, release tensions and stiffness and increase range of motion. The quiet and gentle practice of holding postures for a long duration also has a therapeutic effect on the mind, calming the mental noise and stress and improving quality of sleep. It is an accessable practice suitable for all levels, from absolute beginner to intermediate yogi.
The theme of each stretch class relates to the weekly work in that the class will be structured to release tension and increase mobility with regards to key areas of the body relevant to the peak pose.
- All levels of experience seeking a slow, restorative practice.
- Currently in recovery from illness and/or injuries
- Coming back to the practice after a long period of inactivity
- Winding down after a prior intense class
- De-stressing, de-compressing, resetting.